Sunday, June 17, 2012

review of Johnson's exfoliating wash

Hello gorgeous!

As promised, here is a beauty-type blog post again! *yayayayayayayayayay the crowd goes wild!*
A review of a product that I brought about 3 months ago and have been trying out for a blooming long time, Johnson's face care, gentle exfoliating wash

Now, first impressions of this product weren't good I'll be honest, I hated it. It's advertised as "gentle" and I'm pretty sure the way they adapted a regular exfoliating wash to be marketed as "gentle" was make the formula itself a bit more cream-y and reduce the size of the exfoliating beads, the beads really are tiny, they do seem like they won't work. When I first used it, for the first 2 weeks roughly, it just hurt like a naughty word and felt like I was rubbing sand on my face, not something I've ever associated with being "gentle" I'm sure you'll agree.

Although it doesn't seem like it, after the first few weeks I did grow to love this product. I'm not sure why on earth it hurt that much to start off with, maybe I just didn't use enough water with it, or my skin had to adapt to it, but it has become one of my favourite products. It works wonders protecting against spots, I tend to get them when I don't use a powerful enough wash, however since I've used this product I've hardly had any break-outs. &since it stopped hurting, it does leave your face feeling moisturised, not stripped like some harsher products.

I do recommend the hell out of this product, it does pretty much everything you'd want in an exfoliating wash. Seen as in Boots it's only £3.09 you really can't go wrong. 

However, if you have super sensitive skin, then I would say maybe don't go for this, by all means don't be put off by Johnson's altogether, it is an amazing brand. Personally my skin isn't that sensitive, and it did really hurt to begin with, when using this specific product. If you fancy giving it ago though and think that your skin won't be too damaged by it, then do, it's hardly a massive expense spared if it doesn't work out for you!

That's everything I think! Hope you found this helpful honey :)
Lots and lots of love, Beth xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment