Saturday, November 24, 2012

nail of the week!

Hello you gorgeous human being!

Today's post is something a little different, my solution to never knowing how long to try a nail varnish out for before it's okay to give it a review. 

I did a little thinking, and discussed it with my mum, and we decided that to know if you really like a nail varnish/it's worth liking, you should wear attempt to wear it for a week. Then you can see if you still like the colour and if it lasts.

So that's what I did! 

The first nail varnish I picked for this, was Essie's To Buy Or Not To Buy, the website describes it as "a lavender with shimmer". I can't really put it better than that myself to be honest!

nails just after painting!
Just a teensy point, I am aware that I don't have th nicest nails in the world, but I did only stop biting them (I had since I can remember) about two months ago... So sorry!


These pictures really don't do justice to the pretty blue shimmer when your nails catch the light with this varnish. Needless to say, I love the colour. 

These pictures are from 6 days after applying the varnish (I used BarryM's topcoat when first applying, love love love this product absolute must have!). You can see that the colour faded slightly, more so at the tips of the nail. But generally it was perfect! I loved the colour just as much after a week of wearing it (longer than I have ever gone before with just one colour!) and I would highly recommend this.

However as it is my first Essie nail varnish, I will be buying some more, very very soon!

I hoped you like this little post lovelies, more should be coming, I had a lot of fun trying to stick it out with one colour for a week!
If you did like this post give it a little follow, or alternatively chat to me on twitter; @LookLifeBeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment